Are you a builder?
Why Legacy Homes Omaha, LLC
Legacy Homes is dedicated to providing homes of exceptional value and outstanding craftsmanship in Omaha, Lincoln and surrounding areas. Legacy Homes prides itself on offering more than just a place to live, we offer a way of life for homeowners and employees alike. We look for those who will be guided by the principles of unity, integrity and trust.
Why Apply as a Builder?
Are you seeking a rewarding career in the homebuilding industry? As a Builder with Legacy Homes, you have the opportunity to create beautiful and inviting neighborhoods for future residents! This position is primarily responsible for job site management, subcontractors scheduling, quality control, customer relations, and budget management are key to success!
- Studies specifications to plan on basis of starting and completing times and staffing for each phase of construction.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the residential home-building process, state and local codes, and material and labor installation specifications and requirements;
- Be able to interact professionally with subcontractors, suppliers, land developers, code enforcement officials, customers, and inner company personnel;
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of architectural and engineered plan reading;
- Control overhead costs within company guidelines.
- Ensure staff and subcontractors comply with company and division construction, quality control and safety methods and procedures; resolve complaints and customer problems.
- Be capable of training a new Apprentice to advance to the Builder level.
- Demonstrate a complete knowledge of long, short, and weekly construction scheduling, as well as a proficiency in executing each of the aforementioned schedules in their appropriate sequence and stage of construction;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of as-built plans for subdivisions.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of mass grading and dirt balancing.
- Adjust personnel and equipment resources as needed to resolve construction problems and to avoid delay.
- Walk every permitted house twice daily to inspect quality, monitor daily schedules, and provide subcontractors necessary guidance as required to assure they complete their trade properly;
- Be capable of managing tight deadlines, promptly addressing changes without disrupting schedules, and managing high volumes of work with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of residential construction safety guidelines.
- Builder position my coordinate and manage Asist builders on multi-tract projects.
- Builder will participate in all NHO’s (New Home Buyer Orientation) in his area with the home owner and ensure repair of defects per Legacy Homes policy. Any items incomplete at sign off shall be indicated on a CA to completed by the agreed upon date.
- 401(K) with employer’s match
- 10 days of vacation
- Holiday time off
- And more!
- 2-4 years’ experience in a high-volume residential production environment and or construction project management 2 years (Required).
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field/equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and customer service skills
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background screening
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to recognize to resolve problems
- Organizational and management skills; detail oriented
- Possess good judgement and common sense
- May have occasion to lift/carry or push/pull 50 pounds
- May require to travel to multiple construction sites
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Omaha Metro Area
Please submit your resume to our HR coordinator Pat Cahalane at firstname.lastname@example.org.